Thank you for your interest in The Boardroom!
The Boardroom is a "fast casual" restaurant, tasting room, and foodie event venue based in Redwood Acres, Eureka and on Main Street in Ferndale. Our fine meats and fermented foods are made in-house in the European tradition and paired with a collection of imported cheeses and local delights. Immediate openings include:
Ferndale - - -
- Line-Cook, Part-Time (Ferndale): The Boardroom’s Line Cook will prepare ingredients, set-up workstations, stock and clean kitchens, assemble orders, and plate finished dishes on time as assigned by our Executive Chef. The fitting candidate will be passionate about food, have time management skills, work well under pressure, and be ready to learn because The Boardroom’s ingredients and rotating menu are unique. Only those with related experience need apply. ($DOE + tips + 401K match)
- Front of House, Part-Time (Ferndale): Responsibilities include welcoming customers, taking orders, and accurately processing transactions with our POS (point-of-sale system). You'll enjoy explaining our unique menu, teaching interested customers about our meat curing/smoking process, and offering products "to go" from our deli and retail section. You are the "keeper of the vibe" and the vibe must be positive and welcoming at all times. Those interested in extra hours may be considered for prep, depending on experience. ($15 per/hr + tips + 401K match)
Eureka - - - (Hiring for Summer)
- Front of House, Part-Time (Eureka): Responsibilities include welcoming customers, taking orders, and accurately processing transactions with our POS (point-of-sale system). You'll enjoy explaining our unique menu, teaching interested customers about our meat curing/smoking process, and offering products "to go" from our deli and retail section. You are the "keeper of the vibe" and the vibe must be positive and welcoming at all times. Those interested in extra hours may be considered for prep, depending on experience. ($15 per/hr + tips + 401K match)
- Boardmakers, Part-Time (Eureka): You are in charge of building impressive charcuterie boards, preparing appetizers, plating desserts, and serving customers. This isn't a "back room" production job. You'll regularly interface with interested customers about our unique homemade ingredients, board pairings, and deliver with a smile. When not building boards, you're keeping yourself busy by making your workstation spotless for the next board and prepping tables for future guests. Those interested in extra hours may be considered for additional prep, depending on experience and the restaurants’ needs. ($15 per/hr + tips + 401K match)
- Dishwasher, Part-Time (Eureka): You may or may not have restaurant experience, but you'll be ready to work. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and this includes running immaculate kitchens and serving stations. You'll do dishes, help clean tables, sweep and mop, take out the recycling, and occasionally clean restrooms. One thing you won't do is make minimum wage because all positions enjoy split tips. This is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in working their way up through the restaurant ranks. ($15 per/hr + tips + 401K march)
How We Roll
401K: 401K retirement benefits, up to 3% match
Pay: Most start at $15 per/hr plus tips (see below)
Tips: are "pooled" in Eureka and Ferndale, which means digital and cash tips are distributed evenly with all restaurant workers during any given shift and/or event.
Hours: are flexible, allowing parents, students, partially retired, and anyone with a life to join the team.
Strong Candidates Will Have:
Positive Attitudes and Strong Communication Skills: We're not a traditional restaurant, and we're seeking non-traditional employees. Everyone is expected to have strong communication skills and provide top-notch customer support.
Current ServeSafe (Food Handler) Certifications: You're welcome to apply for the positions above, but you'll need a current certification before being hired. We can help you with this if hired.
Food Interest: Future hires may come from food manufacturing, the wine industry, brewing, or have traditional restaurant backgrounds. You may or may not be a huge Anthony Bourdain fan, but you'll certainly know who he was. For better or worse, you likely take pictures of food and have strong opinions about condiments. This isn't a requirement, but we'll know you when we see you.
Qualifications and Requirements: Must be able to read, write, and have basic math skills. You'll be able lift 35+ pounds. Mentioned ServeSafe certifications and proof of eligibility to work in the United States are required.
How to Apply
Interested in learning more? Visit our Contact page and complete the form, being sure to include:
(a) a short intro paragraph mentioning why you are a good fit for one or more of the open positions. Feel free to list preferred locations (Eureka, Ferndale) if multiple are listed for the same position, along with any schedule restrictions you may have, and
(b) you'll notice we don't offer a way to submit attachments, so simply copy the text from your resume and paste it beneath your intro paragraph.
All applications are confidential. We'll be sure to confirm receiving your application using the provided email address as soon as possible. Thank your for your interest in joining The Boardroom's team!
The Boardroom is a subsidiary of Ryan Creek Ventures LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer.